18 Gauge or 20 Gauge Metal Casket?
One of the most common questions we get here at Lone Star Casket is, "What is the difference between a 20 gauge metal casket and a 18 gauge metal casket?". below we will address those differences .
- There is the obvious difference, the gauge, or thickness of steel used to make this metal casket is different. 18 gauge caskets are about 20% thicker and heavier than 20 gauge metal caskets.
- Most 20 gauge caskets will have stationary bars or handles.
- Most 18 gauge caskets have swings arms.
- Most 20 gauge caskets come with crêpe interiors.
- Most 18 gauge caskets come with velvet interiors.
- I have never seen an 18 gauge casket without a gasket. Though I have seen the majority of 20 gauge caskets come in the non-gasket set up. (I will cover gaskets in another blog post)
Neither works better than the other, It boils down to personal preference, budget, and availability.